Have you sent out countless resumes and filled out a crazy number of job applications but not having any luck? If yes, you need to stop what you are doing and develop a strategic plan to land more interviews.
It is getting more and more competitive in the job market. As the old adage goes, if you fail to plan you plan to fail. Below are the top 5 strategies that will help you find a job.
- Research companies in the industry you are interested in working for to determine who’s hiring or who’s laying off. Once you know who’s hiring Google the companies and look for the job openings tab on the webpage. There you should find a list of open positions. Evaluate the open positions to determine if any are a good fit for your interest and qualifications.
- Review your resume to make sure it is ready to showcase your qualifications and skills. Check your resume for spelling and grammar errors. Make sure your resume is optimized to pass the Applicant Tracking System (ATS). Your resume must pass the ATS to get in the hands of hiring managers. The ATS scans your resume to determine if your skills match the job description. Over 90% of Fortune 500 companies use this software to recruit candidates. To learn more about ATS hit the link. How Employers Use Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) (thebalancecareers.com)
- Be sure to have an online presence; the first thing hiring managers do is Google you. If you have a LinkedIn account review it to make sure it’s updated and completed. If you do not have a LinkedIn account, I suggest you create one. Review all your social media platforms to make sure they are employer-friendly. Remember, besides your resume, social media will be your first introduction to recruiters and hiring managers.
- Examine your network of friends and associates. Someone may have a connection to one of the companies you are interested in. The best introduction into a company is by personal referral. Word of mouth is the oldest form of job referrals, use this resource if you have connections.
- You are ready to start applying!! You have done your homework, drafted a strategic plan, and stayed focus on your goal of finding a job. Do not settle, apply for all the jobs you think you deserve.
Stay positive, stay focus!! You will find the right job because you are prepared and have a plan. If you need assistance with your resume contact JW Professional Writing Services; we love to talk about resumes.